IEEMA the industrial association for Electrical Industries is very proactive in educating and creating awareness in the market. Today IEEMA has announced a very insightful workshop on Power Quality and Reactive Power Compensation. Take a look at the agenda and get in touch today to be part of this excellent program. We will meet you there.
Reactive Power Management has become very important now-a-days because of introduction of power factor based tariff. Power Factor (PF) is crucial in all Electrical Power utilizing environments. A good understanding of Power Factor is essential for practicing Electrical Engineers and middle level managers as a good control of PF could lead to many advantages – energy saving, reduction of current loading, higher output from motor and generators, longer life for cables and equipment – to mention a few. However, the equipment that is used to improve power factor interacts with network harmonics and brings down overall reliability. This workshop addresses such issues and gives solution to mitigate these problems.
DATE & TIME
14th October 2016, Friday
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Fern Citadel Hotel
- Gives basic knowledge of fundamentals of Reactive Power Management
- Can be applied directly to any installation and hence a boon for Engineers and others
- Gives knowledge about Power Quality in general and Harmonic pollution in particular along with practical solution to mitigate them
- Benefits of Power Factor Improvement
- Evaluating PF from Electricity Bill
- Methods of improving Power Factor
- Automatic Power Factor Correction (APFC)
- Issues in Power Quality
- Power Factor Improvement of DG Sets
- Harmonics – Causes, Measurement and Mitigation
- Harmonics and effect of adding Capacitors in the System
- Harmonic Filters and Active Compensation
Transmission and Distribution Operating Personnel, Engineers involved in Planning, Designing and Testing of Power Control Equipment and Engineers in charge of Electrical Maintenance, Engineers from Public / Private Sector Power Utilities.
However, anyone with enthusiasm and interest for Power Systems are most welcome to attend.
Mr K SUBRAMANIAN
A Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering and having an overall experience exceeding over 30 years in various fields such as Design, R&D, Production, Erection & Commissioning. Presently working as a freelancer in Bangalore. His current activities include promoting Electrical Power Quality awareness in the fields of Harmonics and Reactive Power Management. A regular faculty in PSTI (Min of Power), Bangalore, Larsen & Toubro Switchgear Training Centres, and conducted program on DRUM (Distribution Reforms, Upgradation and Modernization) organized by (Min of Power) Govt. of India and aided by Govt. of USA. Visiting faculty in various Engineering Colleges.
Members : 3000
Non Members: 3500
For Registration Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile : +91 99800 04982 (Seetharaman K)
Visit www.ieema.org for more details!
Team InPhase will be hoping to meet you there! Cheers!